Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hero Lifesaver

I ran into my Sister in Law Diane's daughter and her husband last week while we were out to dinner with Kimberlee. I haven't seen Nicole or Don for about 3 years. In that time Nicole became very ill with Kidney disease and was on dialysis daily for months. Her mother Diane, and sister Angie tried to become donors of their kidneys but were unable.

Nicole and Don hadn't been married for too long, but Don bravely and lovingly gave his wife one of his kidneys. From what I have heard, the surgery is tougher on the donor than the recipient.
He is a Major HERO Life Saver in my book. I really admire Don for his bravery to do such a noble thing for his wife. Nicole looks great and Happy. What a cute couple.

We got put at a very large table for the 3 of us, so Scott invited Don and Nicole to sit and break bread with us. Because the restraunt was so behind in their seating, they gave us a free bloomin onion. We really enjoyed visiting with Don and Nicole. I wish them both Health and Happiness for the new Year.

No comments: