Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Veteren's Day Parade

November 11, 2009 I attended my first Veteren's Day Parade to watch my Son-in-Law Kai march with his Army ROTC unit. The sense of Thanksgiving and pride that I felt for all of these wonderful men and women who have served our country was wonderful. This may have been my first parade, but it will not be my last.

Whenever the parade would stop, a young boy would run out and shake hands with the vet's on the floats. People were yelling "Thank You" and "We Love You". The smiles and waves were priceless.

The tallest soldier on the second row from left is Kai. He recently joined the military and we are all so proud of him wanting to serve his country.

Me... A Proud Mom.

We stood next to a gentleman who is a VietNam Vet. He said he has not missed a parade in over 35 years. He shook Kai's hand after the parade and told him "Thank You" for all he does to serve us and our country.

Although it was really hard to have her Sweetheart gone to Basic Training for 6 months - Kimberlee managed to take care of 2 puppies and hold the fort down with Strength and Grace. Kimberlee and Kai make a great team. Blessings to them both!!




No comments: