Monday, February 23, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire - Monday Movie Review

Okay....This movie more than makes up for the last Movie I saw (read my last movie review!!!). Scott took me on a wonderful date to Red Lobster and then to see the movie - Slumdog Millionaire. We saw it Friday night and I am glad because the Oscar awards were on Sunday night and Slumdog won 8 awards from 10 nominations - and rightfully so. This movie was AMAZING!!!
This movie was all filmed right in Mumbai, India in the slums mostly. This is a rags to riches story and a love story and a story of survival. The little boys in this story were darling. The story was told so well and so rich with the culture, music and colors of India. Instead of me chopping up the story for you, just go see the movie. You will not regret it. My favorite movie this year was Benjamin Button, but it was just dropped a notch - as Slumdog Millionaire is my new favorite!! On a scale of 1 to 10, this is a 10!!
My Mom mentioned how many movies that I have been going to lately....I think this is my escape from the world....and I am totally Lovin' It!! Plus, how will the world know which movies to see unless I share my reviews.

1 comment:

Denny And Benita said...

Cindy - I read the reviews for this movie this past weekend, but now I know it is a "must see". I will definitely go see it now!!! Benita