Thursday, February 12, 2009

I am but a Quilter...by Roger Oyler

This poem hits the nail right on the head, or threads the needle right in the hole...written by Roger Oyler for his wife Kay. My friend Jeri in Ohio sent this to me yesterday - she knows me too well!

I am but a Quilter

I'm but a Quilter
A user of needle and thread
I create designs of Color
To lay upon your bed
I know of strips and borders
of angles, points and stars
Although I make no money
It keeps me out of bars.
I spend my husband's money
On fabric and supplies
He once thought it was funny
But now he only cries
My stash it just keeps growing
All the colors I must own
My credit card I'm owing
I think I need a loan.
My quilts and table runners
Wall hangings and the rest
Are stored in all the closets
So they always look their best
I bring them out for show and tell
Then put them back just so
I would like to keep this going
But shopping I must go
For I'm just a quilter
And hooked I will always be
As I just live for fabric
And fabric lives for me.

No comments: